Science and Technology Areas of Interest
e are focused on building a differentiated portfolio of transformational medicines for patients with serious and life-threatening diseases. There are a number of areas of focus across disease areas, drug platforms, and technologies that we are interested in bringing together with our expertise to help speed medicines to patients.
We lead with our science, which is reflected in the deals we execute, and we are focused on a core set of opportunities that will help advance our efforts from research and technology to discovery and clinical stage development.
- In immuno-oncology, we are committed to changing survival expectations in hard-to-treat cancers and the way patients live with cancer.
- Outside of oncology, we are concentrating on medicines with the potential to transform serious diseases with a focus in cardiovascular, fibrosis, immunoscience.
For an overview of our Areas of Focus, Technology Interests, Development Portfolio and Drug Platforms and Novel Technologies, please download our brochure.
- Approaches that are direct acting on the immune system
- Novel immune checkpoint inhibitors and co-stimulatory agents
- Tumor intrinsic immune targets
- Modulators of the tumor microenvironment
- Agents displaying synergy with immune checkpoint inhibitors
- Established non-immunosuppressive mechanisms of action
- New approaches to validated cancer pathways
- Emerging areas of cancer biology
- Antibody drug conjugates
OUT OF SCOPE: SUPPORTIVE CARE— BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB FOCUSES ON THERAPEUTICS
- Assets with transformative potential in inflammatory arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)/lupus nephritis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and other immune-mediated diseases with high unmet needs
- Epigenetic approaches to inflammatory diseases
- Tolerance Induction (drug free remission), including checkpoint agonists
- Biomarkers for patient stratification
OUT OF SCOPE: ALLERGY, ASTHMA, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, TYPE 1 DIABETES?
- Heart failure: acute, post-acute, heart failure with reduced ejection fraction, heart failure with preserved ejection fraction, cardiomyopathy?
- Mechanisms that lead to safer inotropy, reduction in cardiac fibrosis, adverse remodeling or hypertrophy, renal protection?
- Pharmacological agents that promote cardiomyocyte?
- Wearable technologies for better patient response tracking?
OUT OF SCOPE: LDL LOWERING, HDL RAISING, ANTITHROMBOTICS, HYPERTENSION, ANTIARRHYTHMIC AGENTS, CELL THERAPY?
- Priority disease areas are advanced nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (F3-F4c) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
- Lifecycle management: other cause cirrhosis, alcoholic steatohepatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis (liver); systemic sclerosis (lung)?
- Therapeutic agents which promote healing and reverse fibrosis?
- Mechanisms which promote pro-resolution macrophages, epithelial repair, or fibroblast quiescence
- Non-invasive biomarkers of disease activity, patient stratification and pharmacologic response
OUT OF SCOPE: WOUND HEALING, UTERINE FIBROIDS, DIABETIC NEPHROPATHY, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE?
- Bristol-Myers Squibb is committed to exploring collaborations of our marketed agents and agents in clinical development with external partners across all diseases of strategic interest — which include cancer and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis?
- Our collaborative approach is focused on rapidly developing novel combinations that have the potential to transform patient outcomes
Industry-Leading Pharmacodiagnostic and Biomarker Capabilities
- Established platforms across all areas of assay development, upcoming capabilities in multiplexing; flexible approach depending on intended use and sample requirements
- Novel pharmacodiagnostics and biomarker approaches especially for Intraosseous infusion, novel disease classifiers, liver fibrosis
- Bioinformatics capabilities including data integration across different platforms?
- Access to new chemical matter, including macrocycle and fragment libraries
- Novel antibody drug conjugate (ADC) technology
- Subcutaneous controlled release
- Oral delivery of millamolecules and macrocyclic peptides
- ADME/Toxicology: Modeling and prediction technology
- High throughput, label free screening and protein expression platform
- Emerging structure determination platform
- Non-invasive diagnostics and translational biomarkers
- Improved methods for single cell capture, and genomic characterization
- Scalable bioinformatics analysis capabilities using principles for reproducible research?